귀신사의 역사적 추이와 건축조형
본 자료는 미리보기를 제공하지 않습니다.
자료를 다운로드 하신 후 확인 하실 수 있습니다.

영문초록

History of Gwishinsa-Temple has been transmitted with a mixture of oral tradition and real fact. Moreover, it was thought that the name “Gwishinsa-Temple” began to be used only in the late Joseon Dynasty, but it is confirmed that it was already recorded as Gwishinsa-Temple in the Goryeo Dynasty. At the end of the Joseon Dynasty, it was sometimes referred to as Gusinsa Temple, because ‘Gu” seems to have originated from a local dialect called ‘Gwi’. Although its current whereabouts is unknown, the bronze incense burner, which was made in the 14th century, has been found, and < Gwishinsa 3-story stone pagoda > is also considered to have been constructed in the 14th century, so it can be inferred that the temple was reconstructed in the 14th century during the late Goryeo Dynasty. During the Joseon Dynasty, it was known that there were the reconstructions only before 1624 and in 1633. However, it can be estimated that it was reconstructed between 1601 and 1614 through some records and the publication of 『The Lotus Sutra』 in 1609. In terms of structure, it is understood that the regional characteristics are reflected in the wooden and the stone structures of Gwishinsa-Temple, such as Daejeokgwangjeon and < Gwishinsa 3-story stone pagoda >. In particular, Ha-ang, whose traces were identified from the back of Daejeokwangjeon, can be also seen in Geungnakjeon of Hwaamsa-Temple in Wanju and its traces are also found in Mireukjeon and Geumgangmun of Geumsansa-Temple. That Ha-ang remains concentrated in the areas of Baekje, such as Wanju and Kimje, suggests that Baekje style has been inherited for a long time, which is supported by the facts that the style is also reflected in < Gwishinsa 3-story stone pagoda > and < Cheongdori 3-story stone pagoda >. In addition, one can deduce that Gwishinsa-Temple is related to the former royal family. This is because it was founded as a national shrine(Guksinsa) during the Unified Silla period and monks from the prince and the Jongsil were sent as Juji during the Goryeo Dynasty. Also, it can be inferred that the remodeling of the temple during the Joseon Dynasty was made in connection with King Injo who was the father of King Wonjong. On the other hand, the stone animal statue can be assumed as a stone lion statue and stone pedestal through the lion statues on the left and right sides of < Nongok-ri Three-story stone pagoda > in Gurye. This is because through Sajaseokdeung in front of < Cheongnyongsa Bogak Guksa Jeong Hyewon Pagoda >, the stone statue would be a pedestal for a lion stone lantern that is usually built in front of a pagoda.

국문초록

귀신사에는 구전과 실재가 혼재되어 역사적 사실로 전해지는 부분이 적지 않다. 더구나 조선 말기에서야 ‘귀신사’ 라는 사명이 쓰이기 시작한 것으로 여겨져 왔으나, 고려시대에 이미 귀신사로 기록하였던 바가 확인된다. 조선말기에는 귀신사를 구신사(狗腎寺)라 칭하기도 했는데, 이는 ‘귀’를 ‘구’라 하는 지역 사투리에서 비롯된 것으로 보인다. 현재 소재를 알 수 없지만 14세기에 조성된 청동향완이 발견된 바 있고, <귀신사3층석탑> 역시 14세기에 조성된 탑으로 여겨지므로, 귀신사는 고려말기에 해당되는 14세기에 중창된 것으로 볼 수 있다. 조선시대에는 1624년의 이전과 1633년의 중창만 알려져 있었으나 기록 및 1609년 『법화경』 간행을 통해 1601~1614년에 재건되었던 바를 추정할 수 있다.
조형적으로 보면 대적광전 및 <귀신사3층석탑> 등, 귀신사의 목조와 석조에 지역적 특성이 반영된 파가 파악된다. 특히, 대적광전 후면에서 흔적이 파악된 하앙은 완주 화암사 극락전에서 그 양상을 살필 수 있고 금산사 미륵전과 금강문에서도 흔적을 볼 수 있다. 이처럼 완주·김제 등 백제의 옛 지역에 해당되는 곳에 하앙이 집중적으로 남아 있다는 사실은 이 지역에 백제의 조형이 오래도록 계승되어왔다는 것을 시사한다. <귀신사3층석탑>과 <청도리3층석탑>에도 백제계양식이 드러나 있다는 사실 역시 이를 시사하기에 충분하다. 이밖에 귀신사가 역대 왕실과 관련이 있음을 추론해 볼수 있다. 통일신라시대에 국신사였다는 바와 고려시대에는 왕자와 종실 출신의 스님이 주지로 파견된 바를 알 수 있고, 조선시대에는 인조의 생부 원종과 관련하여 중창된 바가 추론되기 때문이다. 한편, 석수는 구례 <논곡리 3층석탑> 좌우의 사자상 등을 통해 석사자상이자, 석등 받침석으로 여겨진다. 충주 <청룡사 보각국사정혜 원융탑> 앞에 자리한 사자석등을 통해, 승탑 앞에 조성되었던 사자석등의 받침일 가능성이 높기 때문이다.
  • 가격11,700
  • 페이지수42 페이지
  • 발행년2020
  • 학회명한국불교사연구소
  • 저자손신영 ( Sohn Shin-young )
  • 파일형식아크로뱃 뷰어(pdf)
  • 자료번호#6539256
다운로드 장바구니
다운로드 장바구니